Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X2 Square Tire Setup ?'s

Looking at going with a square setup on the X2. Stock sizes are 26/8x12 & 26/10x12. I want to go with 27's for some added clearance and better looks w/out too much added rolling weight. Has anyone done this? What size did you go with? And how do you like it?
    As of now I am looking at Carlisle Versa Trail or Blackwater Evo's in 27/9x12.
    19 Wolverine R-Spec SE Black
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

I had the Carlisle Versa they were OK but there are probably better options out there. I haven't used the Blackwater Evos. I like the idea of having the same tire all the way around. I'm assuming your sticking with your stock wheels since your looking at tires for a 12" wheel? I would probably look at 10" wide tires all the way around.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

10 wide only comes in a 28" on the EVO's. Not sure I want to stress the drivetrain like that w/out a clutch.
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

I would stay with nine wide unless it's a larger utv like a rzr 1000, krx, etc. larger tires on the rear are a holdover from the 2wd days but that's what I learned on and still like it

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Hopefully someone else will chime in but I think the drivetrain would be fine. You might lose a little bottom end but still be OK. I ran 27's on my X4 before I got a JBS sheave and I was fine. I don't think 28s would be much different. Just use low when in doubt. I think a 10" tire will look and perform better for you.

Are you planning on a sheave anytime soon? If so, get it and wait until they have a holiday sale on tires or when funds build back up.

Are you wanting new tires because you want something different or are yours worn out? If your just needing more ground clearance, get the springs. You'll get ground clearance and a much better ride with the springs.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

never mind Timmi responded while I was typing.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

I run in 2wd most of the time. I like the big tires for power to the ground and narrow tires for steering.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I was thinking of 27 GBC dirt commanders 9 inch all around. Do you guys like the wider rears or square setup? I have a tune and a clutch.

The only way to run a true square setup is to change your wheels...the factory wheels are different widths front to rear! I run 30x10-14 tires on 14x8 wheels that all have the same 4" backspacing...but had to put 1.5" wheel spacers on the rear so the front and rear tires would trail properly! The biggest benefit for me going with a square setup was the ability to rotate my tires...i ride alot of hard roads so i rotate those expensive bastards ever time i change my oil!!! Hope this response helps!!!

10. Likes Timmi, JoshK, Western Rider liked this post
    Ok, so I am buying tires today. I'd like to know what your guys are running and how they have been so far. Im looking at Mud Lite 2's, Bear Claw HTR's, ITP Blackwater EVO's, or Tusk Terrabites. 27's are prefered as the stock 26's honestly only measure out to 24.5 w/10lbs.
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast