Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

4.5 Round LED Lights install

Hello,
    here is the LED upgrade that I did to the 660 Rhino today , it took about 1.5 hr to
    do both lights , and that's taking your time on the cutting and smoothing out the bottom
    of the housing .

there is 2 different model of these lights , a long and short back , my Son gave me a new
    long back that he bought for his Articcat but never used , Said he bought it at Oreillys auto parts
    so I went there to buy another one and they don't sell them anymore they had some 4 inch round but
    not 4.5 round lights ,, so I went on Ebay at bought a set for $20.00 shipped , the pic they showed seem to have the long back but when they arrived were short backs do there is two different models of the 4.5 round lights but I'm sure
    you can get either to work ,

on the 4.5 you will have to cut the bottom about 1/2 on both sides , so you have about 1/2 or so in the middle
    after that you will have to smooth them out round on the bottom so they will slide into the Rhino head light shells
    I used a 4 inch cut off wheel & a 4 inch sanding disk to smooth up the bottom .

you can use the factory screws but I didn't I went with a 10/32 that is 1 1/4 long ,
    I did use the factory screw tabs on the LED lights .

you have to mark the center and drill through the first two cooling fins on the lights , I also taped my fins
    10/32 and used the clips so I had thread contact through out the light with my screws ..

I used the factory light tabs , the red is low beam , the yellow is high beam , and the black is ground
    I wired them up on the red so I have light s on the low beams and nothing on the high .

I did turn them on tonight in the shop in the dark , they blow the factory lights out of the water ..
    so I think the mod upgrade is worth the time & money spent .. I will be adding two more light bars in the future
    a 48 and a 20 inch models . hope this helps anyone wanting to do the upgrade ..

TS2

We the unwilling , led by the unknowing
    are doing the impossible , for the ungrateful
    we have done so much with so little for so long
    that we are qualified to do anything with nothing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZYG5qwHHI

2. Likes rodneygt, JoshK, Timmi liked this post
    Very nice!!
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

2016 YXZ Yellow SE

old ride 2 11 Polaris RZR XP 900 White Lightning Edition all stock for now.

old old ride. 06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI