Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New motor build

New motor build

Hello all! I need some help. I bought an 09 rhino that the balancing shaft blew a hole in the case. I picked up a complete grizzly bottom end that I plan on using. So my question is the middle gear set is a higher gear ratio on the grizzly. will the grizzly middle gear bed alright to run or should I stick with the stock rhino mid gear set. Has anyone run grizzly gears in there rhino?
    My plan for the build is crank works rebuilt crank, 734 big bore cp piston and stage 2 cam plus all the other little stuff to go along with it. Any input is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Call James 304-673-2602 he knows that stuff. There are some differences.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I have never done that swap but after online searching I don't see why it can't be done

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I would say that depends on your riding style and goals. You will now doubt get more power and torque and the motor will be ready to scream, if you are after top speed then the Grizzly gearing may help and the mods should give you the torque to push it. You will also need the "little stuff" electronic mods to get the rpm up (don't think there is a speed limiter) and some timing. Some exhaust mod even if just a tip will help it to breathe. If you are more into climbing and low speed grunt riding then leave the rhino ratios in it. My Rhino (JBS built) will pull the front wheels on pavement, not really fast (54mphish) but I do not have a high rpm limit and a stock Viking six cam which is a real torquer. Something else to look into is a Viking VI fuel injector. With such motor mods and knowing that costs are going up to secure you investment and long term performance get a AFR gauge so you know that all your efforts and tuning are delivering verifiable results.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Thanks for the reply’s. It’s mostly going to be trail and some mud. I’m down here in FL so there isn’t much more than that. I’m not going to be getting crazy in the mud like most guys do since I’ll have my boys in the back. I guess I’ll prob stick with stock rhino gears for the torque.

Does anyone know if I put new bearings in the middle gear set will I have to re shim it? I am basically replacing all the bearing.

I would check the service manual for that question.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust