Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

2019 Viking vi clutch help

I just installed 28x10 terminators and when riding around I started to feel the belt slip under heavy load. New to sxs world but not mechanics or off-roading. Only have 100 miles. Living in Florida there’s a lot of sugars sand trail riding with frequent heavy mud. Definitely want to do the wet slug kit, but not sure on everything else. Was thinking gold secondary spring, but not sure on weights and sheave. What size weights would I need. Thanks

I went from 29" big Horn to 32" intimidators on my RS1. Polaris is different from Yamaha clutch setup but I had to go with lighter weights for my setup. I would imagine that is what you you need at the very least. Call James. He will be able to line you out.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

A full JBS machined sheave is what you need if it's in your budget. You'll get a much lower than stock starting ratio plus a higher final ratio that helps keep rpm's down if you do any road or open trail riding. Bare minimum do slugs and lighter weights. Call James and discuss what you want, let him know you are a member here 304-673-2602 M-F 10-6. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I sent an email on Tuesday through website and figured I’d try on here. Drive truck for a living and it’s hard to call most of the time. Possibly getting off early and I’ll try and call. Thanks

calling is best, that goes to his cellular. he get's a lot of calls so if you don't get him leave a message, he'll call you

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCollector View Post
    I sent an email on Tuesday through website and figured I’d try on here. Drive truck for a living and it’s hard to call most of the time. Possibly getting off early and I’ll try and call. Thanks

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

With that big heavy machine and assuming you meant 100 miles since new on Viking not your riding time, if it were 'slipping' you would probably hear a bunch of chirping and squealing. If something is slipping, it could probably be your wet clutch and that will happen at the start of movement. Bigger tires will challenge the torque requirements.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust