Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OD clutch weights on bone stock 2012 rhino with stock tires

Anyone know which OD weights I should be using on my 2012 bone stock Rhino 700 with stock tires? I just upgraded to an extreme sheave from the original sheave. Currently with the extreme sheave I am running 22 gram weights, with the old sheave I was running much lighter ( not sure of weight but they are much lighter). I just want to see if I ordered the wrong weights with the new extreme sheave.
    Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Are you satisfied with the rpm's with the 22's? If it's not bogging the engine just stay with those.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Are you satisfied with the rpm's with the 22's? If it's not bogging the engine just stay with those.
    Hi Timmi, Well rpms are down a little bit... enough that I could tell from the other setup/weights anyway. Was running 48 @ rev limiter on old setup now running 50 and not hitting limiter yet. I can pull a small hill about 4 mph faster with the extreme sheave setup than the original.
    Bottom feels about the same as before, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the heavier weights engaging and pulling at lower rpm. Smoother transition of power with the extreme sheave as well. I'm thinking with the lighter weights with the extreme sheave, it would be a beast off the bottom.
    Should cruise at lower rpm I would think tho correct?
    Also we'll be hopefully finishing the 09 Rhino Stroker build hopefully this week and testing it soon! Can't wait!

if it was me I'd leave it until you get the stroker in, then you'll want lighter weights. you get lower cruising speed with heavier weights, as you say, but lose a bit on the bottom. JBS clutches always have the lowest starting ratio possible which is always desirable to get the vehicle moving. it's like starting in first gear instead of second. and JBS has the highest final ratio so you get the most belt travel possible. so even with lighter weights you'll still get lower rpm's at top end.

Quote Originally Posted by PArhino View Post
    Hi Timmi, Well rpms are down a little bit... enough that I could tell from the other setup/weights anyway. Was running 48 @ rev limiter on old setup now running 50 and not hitting limiter yet. I can pull a small hill about 4 mph faster with the extreme sheave setup than the original.
    Bottom feels about the same as before, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the heavier weights engaging and pulling at lower rpm. Smoother transition of power with the extreme sheave as well. I'm thinking with the lighter weights with the extreme sheave, it would be a beast off the bottom.
    Should cruise at lower rpm I would think tho correct?
    Also we'll be hopefully finishing the 09 Rhino Stroker build hopefully this week and testing it soon! Can't wait!

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    if it was me I'd leave it until you get the stroker in, then you'll want lighter weights. you get lower cruising speed with heavier weights, as you say, but lose a bit on the bottom. JBS clutches always have the lowest starting ratio possible which is always desirable to get the vehicle moving. it's like starting in first gear instead of second. and JBS has the highest final ratio so you get the most belt travel possible. so even with lighter weights you'll still get lower rpm's at top end.
    Thanks Timmi I appreciate it. We already have the stroker it's in my other 09 rhino, but not quite running yet. Jason at Appalachian Mountain Riders on YouTube is doing the build. Got all the parts from James this spring. I'll leave the 22g weights in there for now. As for the extreme sheave in my stock 2012 rhino it's definitely a significant improvement over the original sheave. For the 2009 777 stroker build we also have an extreme sheave from James and we'll be running 18g weights

One more thing, if I were running the same weights in my 2012 with the extreme sheave as I was in the original sheave, the extreme would DEFINITELY have a lot more bottom end than the original sheave.

I knew he was building a Rhino motor but I didn't know it was yours. I've run 22g weights in my X2, that's the same as what comes in it, with my JBS sheave, and I don't have the series 2 or whatever he calls it, I have one of the first ones he did for the X2. It does way better than stock because James gets the belt so low in the primary it's like having a sub low first gear in a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by PArhino View Post
    Thanks Timmi I appreciate it. We already have the stroker it's in my other 09 rhino, but not quite running yet. Jason at Appalachian Mountain Riders on YouTube is doing the build. Got all the parts from James this spring. I'll leave the 22g weights in there for now. As for the extreme sheave in my stock 2012 rhino it's definitely a significant improvement over the original sheave. For the 2009 777 stroker build we also have an extreme sheave from James and we'll be running 18g weights

One more thing, if I were running the same weights in my 2012 with the extreme sheave as I was in the original sheave, the extreme would DEFINITELY have a lot more bottom end than the original sheave.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

James and I built my 09 rhino. 777 striker stage 1 cam mad with JBS tune and extreme shave with 18grm weights. Hang on to that steering wheel your Gunna have a razor killer. That was probably the fastest rhino motor James has put together. I helped him and we tore it down and had it back together in about 12hrs. Your gotch a bad ass rhino now! JBS Rocks!

8. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Did you ever ride in James' 787 stroker? About 35 mph it felt like it shifted to another gear when the cam kicked in, it's scary fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    James and I built my 09 rhino. 777 striker stage 1 cam mad with JBS tune and extreme shave with 18grm weights. Hang on to that steering wheel your Gunna have a razor killer. That was probably the fastest rhino motor James has put together. I helped him and we tore it down and had it back together in about 12hrs. Your gotch a bad ass rhino now! JBS Rocks!

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

10. Likes JoshK liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    Good to hear! We're pretty stoked about getting it running and testing it. Sounds like we have an identical setup, even down to the machine year. Mine is an 09 also. We did the reverse gear upgrade too. This setup will beat a stock x4 with a sheave right? We're still debating this lol

I will say it's Gunna eat that x4 up. I I have a x4 now wth JBS clutch and it still don't compare to the rhino stroked. I personally seen James rhino tear up 1000 razors in a drag race. That's when he had it. Your Gunna want a do power steering and suspension to really use the HP your going to have

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast