Clutch weights determine your upshift rate, along with the secondary spring, so even if you have more power, lighter weights require more rpm to upshift. If you are feeling the heavier weights are not performing as well, change them. James has done it that way for years. There's no better test than driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by PArhino View Post
So got some seat time in my bone stock 2012 rhino. Has extreme sheave. I now know I have the wrong weights in there at 22g, it cruises beautifully, but just won't pull the hills with the 22g weights. Had 18 gram in there before and performed much better.
I also have that 09 777 stroker Rhino Jason at Appalachian mountain riders built and it has 18g weights. My logic is that the 09 stroker would have more than enough torque to pull those heavier 22g weights, and the 18 gram weights would be best for my 2012.
I see a lot of people running lighter weights with built rhino motors. Is my logic correct about this? If it is, i'll just swap out the weights between the machines. I have the 18g ordered from James but will be a while because of virus. I want to ride lol