Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I should have been more specific about the type of Yamalube.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

2. Likes JoshK liked this post
    that is what I use and still have all of them worn I told my brother he needs new ones as well some of them wore all the way through ! some the inserts are coming out and scoring the shive runners ???? I may need to call james and talk before ordering new ones ………… now it is definitely not 200 miles :P
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I do it like that every time lol I have watched the video over and over and got everything from him I think I am on my 4th tub but I also take care of 4 wolvys
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

6. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I've never had problems with them, James orders directly from Dr Pulley who holds the patent on them. Takes longer to get them that way but they do very well.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

67StingrayJ
    I’m so bummed out you guys. I knew there was a problem but I never would have thought it was because I was using the wrong grease. Y’all saw the videos, those were 5 of the 8 weights I had installed. Are they ruined? Can I still use them? What about getting new ones? I’ve spent over $600 over the past 2 month at JBS and if I have to buy new weights my wife is seriously going to flip her Ish... somebody please give me some good news here.

Quote Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ View Post
    I’m so bummed out you guys. I knew there was a problem but I never would have thought it was because I was using the wrong grease. Y’all saw the videos, those were 5 of the 8 weights I had installed. Are they ruined? Can I still use them? What about getting new ones? I’ve spent over $600 over the past 2 month at JBS and if I have to buy new weights my wife is seriously going to flip her Ish... somebody please give me some good news here.
    my weights are worse I am still using them I figured I would get a new set this fall when I service the clutch again …….. now I do have almost 6k on it lol

Why did you choose that grease? Is it Yamaha marine grease?

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

67StingrayJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Why did you choose that grease? Is it Yamaha marine grease?

I opened my clutch months ago to chase down a noise. When I opened it up the weights in it were all warped, heated and discolored. I knew instantly I needed new weights so I hopped on the web. JBS had great reviews and opted to go in this direction. So I placed an order for the slugs and 17oz weights. Days later they arrive in the mail (split shipment). After being stuck in quarantine do to COVID-19 for 3 weeks my wife and I needed to get out of the house. A nice trail ride was just what the doctor ordered! SO, that meant getting these new weights (and slugs) installed by the weekend. I know y'all can relate!

Anxious and ready to install the new weights, I headed to my local store to get some grease. I asked them what they recommended but they hadn't the slightest idea what a CVT even was. So I high-tailed it back home and read up on what grease I should use. Many people suggested it was fine to use marine grade grease, but many others warned against it stating only Yamalube was capable of withstanding the pressures, heat, friction, environment that one would find in a primary. With that information, I decided not to use a generic marine grease, or any other grease from my local auto parts store. Rather, I opted to purchase some Yamalube like many had insisted.

What all the forums did NOT specify was what TYPE of Yamalube grease to use. I did not know was there is more than one type of Yamalube. Apparently, Yamalube is a brand, like Castrol, Valvoline, Penzoil, and each of which all make their own product specific to a specific purpose. Sort of like there is brake fluid, or coolant, or transmission fluid in a car, I thought "Yamalube" was specific to yamaha CVTs. So when I did a web search for Yamalube grease I didn't realize there was a specific type I had to be looking for. Unfortunately, all the tubs of yamalube look the same, whether its Race Grease, Multipurpose grease, or Ultramatic grease. I looked for the quickest place that could ship me some Yamalube which turned out to be Amazon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milti-purpose grease.PNG 
Views:	240 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	13769 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	race grease.PNG 
Views:	256 
Size:	429.2 KB 
ID:	13770 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultramatic grease.PNG 
Views:	228 
Size:	433.3 KB 
ID:	13771

So, to make a long story short, coupling my focus on 1.) getting my hands on some Yamalube grease by the weekend, 2.) all the tubs looking near identical, and 3.) my ignorance on there being more than one type of "Yamalube" grease, I got the wrong product unbeknownst to me.

So, here I am, wrong grease on hand, memorial day weekend rapidly approaching, and anxious once again to get the Hell out of the house, I find myself desperately looking for this ever elusive "YAMALUBE ULTRAMATIC GREASE". And wouldn't ya know, this stuff is on back order till lord knows when and can't be found anywhere! I'm completely boned!

I opened my clutch months ago to chase down a noise. When I opened it up the weights in it were all warped, heated and discolored. I knew instantly I needed new weights so I hopped on the web. JBS had great reviews and opted to go in this direction. So I placed an order for the slugs and 17oz weights. Days later they arrive in the mail (split shipment). After being stuck in quarantine do to COVID-19 for 3 weeks my wife and I needed to get out of the house. A nice trail ride was just what the doctor ordered! SO, that meant getting these new weights (and slugs) installed by the weekend. I know y'all can relate!

Anxious and ready to install the new weights, I headed to my local store to get some grease. I asked them what they recommended but they hadn't the slightest idea what a CVT even was. So I high-tailed it back home and read up on what grease I should use. Many people suggested it was fine to use marine grade grease, but many others warned against it stating only Yamalube was capable of withstanding the pressures, heat, friction, environment that one would find in a primary. With that information, I decided not to use a generic marine grease, or any other grease from my local auto parts store. Rather, I opted to purchase some Yamalube like many had insisted.

What all the forums did NOT specify was what TYPE of Yamalube grease to use. I did not know was there is more than one type of Yamalube. Apparently, Yamalube is a brand, like Castrol, Valvoline, Penzoil, and each of which all make their own product specific to a specific purpose. Sort of like there is brake fluid, or coolant, or transmission fluid in a car, I thought "Yamalube" was specific to yamaha CVTs. So when I did a web search for Yamalube grease I didn't realize there was a specific type I had to be looking for. Unfortunately, all the tubs of yamalube look the same, whether its Race Grease, Multipurpose grease, or Ultramatic grease. I looked for the quickest place that could ship me some Yamalube which turned out to be Amazon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milti-purpose grease.PNG 
Views:	240 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	13769 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	race grease.PNG 
Views:	256 
Size:	429.2 KB 
ID:	13770 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultramatic grease.PNG 
Views:	228 
Size:	433.3 KB 
ID:	13771

So, to make a long story short, coupling my focus on 1.) getting my hands on some Yamalube grease by the weekend, 2.) all the tubs looking near identical, and 3.) my ignorance on there being more than one type of "Yamalube" grease, I got the wrong product unbeknownst to me.

So, here I am, wrong grease on hand, memorial day weekend rapidly approaching, and anxious once again to get the Hell out of the house, I find myself desperately looking for this ever elusive "YAMALUBE ULTRAMATIC GREASE". And wouldn't ya know, this stuff is on back order till lord knows when and can't be found anywhere! I'm completely boned!
    Call Niki @ JBS and she will get you fixed up. I have always had excellent customer service from JBS!

13. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast