Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

19 X2 Coolant Leak

So, since I've had my X2 I've noticed a slow decline in coolant level. Never had a puddle or sweet burning smell, never noticed any weeping on the skid plates. I kept an eye on it, topped it off, chalked it up to an oversight on the assembly line and burped it myself. Still had a loss of coolant. I was concerned I had a head gasket issue. Yesterday after I changed the oil and let it run for a bit I noticed a puddle. I topped off the resi and checked the radiator, which was low, topped it off too. Still had a leak. Checked all the connections up front....good to go. Checked at the water pump and low and behold some shitpickle in Newnan decided it would be a good idea to NOT slide up the hose clamp over the pump inlet. It was literally tightened around the damn hose only!!!! I know it was there from the factory because when I moved it, the rubber was CLEAN!!!! Next oil change I will be taking the seat out, panels off, and sliding the gas tank out of the way so I can bottom out the hose on the mouth of the pump.....looks like its only on there a half inch or so.
    19 Wolverine R-Spec SE Black
    16 Wolverine R-Spec Blue
    15 Ace 570
    06 Eiger 400 Camo

wow quality control
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come