Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Moab trip and clutch weight spring question

It's been awhile since last post. I finally got some down time and my family and a few friends planned a trip to moab last week end it was great it was the 1st time in 3 years I have ridden it other than plowing snow and the 1st to test some new mods im running same size bighorn ogs on all 4 its a little loser in the back end but lightened it up some kids are bigger so I wheelied up 2 ft climbing a few steep hills i didn't last time a little more weight in the back than before it seemed to do good never hit rev limiter at all .I will need to readjust park break left it on for a sec and found out There is none now.we all made it safely home so all is good need to do maintenance on it. I was wondering looking at my mods in signature if my clutch spring and weights are right? I do allot of trail riding and hills and i have a street legal kit. Would like quick hole shot throttle response.
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

looks like a great combo for your engine mods

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    looks like a great combo for your engine mods
    Thanks just curious
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

I think I'm going to try a gold spring for tight trails and more rpm rev. I need a little more engine breaking I had to use the brakes on long down hills with all 4 of us In it for quicker back shifting I'm hoping that will make it perfect and I dont need to mess with the weights to dial it in.

stronger secondary will help engine braking with more aggressive downshift and as you say raise rpm's some

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I think I'm going to try a green spring for tight trails and more rpm rev. I need a little more engine breaking I had to use the brakes on long down hills with all 4 of us In it for quicker back shifting I'm hoping that will make it perfect and I dont need to mess with the weights to dial it in.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

6. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Likes Jared liked this post
    It looks like a good combo to me, prob could jump a size up in tires if you lose a couple passengers in future.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

So I put an old gold epi spring back in the secondary I had and took out the purple one . I also put in a new set of 16gr weights they are the old style before the new high heat ones came out but they will work tell next service and I will order the new kind and the new Eiback spring. going to try it out this weekend and see if it works better for me. Will post the results next week.

9. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post

Smile

So I went on a short ten mile ride today and the gold spring worked better not to much revving at cruising speed and not to sharp of back shifting pretty mellow so I think its a better fit than the purple it was a spring i had in a few years back on a different set up so it maybe a little weaker than a new gold one so even if it is a little more aggressive with a new one the better so I think its dialed in. And happy to still be able to hear the stereo at cruising speed.

11. Likes Timmi, Kenny G liked this post