Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  48
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    nwasparky, nothing wrong with trying things out for your preference but I bet James will get you setup right without having to experiment. I'd go with whatever he recommends first and then try something else if you think you need it.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

I don't like mixing weights because they shift out differently.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

3. Thanks nwasparky thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    nwasparky, nothing wrong with trying things out for your preference but I bet James will get you setup right without having to experiment. I'd go with whatever he recommends first and then try something else if you think you need it.
    Good advice! I trust his judgment. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 V6, 27” QuadBoss

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    I don't like mixing weights because they shift out differently.
    Don’t think I’ll try that Timmi, but I’m curious...would that be like two stages of shifting out???

2020 V6, 27” QuadBoss

congrats !!

welcome aboard

and you will be amazed with the clutch setup
    2016 Alpine white Wolverine EPS
    Kenwood 2-way radio w/frs frequencies
    Super ATV half windshield tinted
    Viper Max 4000 widespool winch
    Dragonfire 3" 4-point harnesses
    2" Super ATV lift
    Pyle audio system
    Yamaha over fenders
    4" cage chop
    27" tusk Terabites
    JBS extreme sheave
    16g OD weights
    Purple Eibach Spring
    Slugs
    JBS Doors

7. Thanks nwasparky thanked for this post
    no, the heavier weights shift out at lower rpm than the lighter weights. that's why I suggested 18's for you because you wanted to keep rpm down as much as possible when you ride at higher speeds. James will get you dialed in, you'll have much improved starting ratio and acceleration and still have lower rpm at top end as a result of the increased belt travel

Quote Originally Posted by nwasparky View Post
    Don’t think I’ll try that Timmi, but I’m curious...would that be like two stages of shifting out???

Last edited by Timmi; 06-04-2020 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling errors

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

9. Thanks nwasparky thanked for this post
    Likes nwasparky liked this post
    Perfect! I’ll run it all by James soon and get his input. I’ll be ordering by end of the month. Thanks again for the input!

2020 V6, 27” QuadBoss

I have talked to James before about doing the two weights and he did not think it was a big deal when weights matched and close in value. The weights exert pressure based on the G forces of the centrifugal forces of the weights slinging out to outer diameter. They will work together as long as the same size. The plate absorbs the little difference in force to spread that load consistently to the shaft. Just make sure that you alternate the weights consistently. Its a matter of fine tuning for driving style, terrain, load variation and tire revisions and wear and ….
    James has always given me guidance to understand the mechanics to know what is at work and encouraged the fine tuning by end users. Let's be fair to James,
    James is a great mechanic, take the car to him to set it up and it will go out the door absolutely right. He
    can get you initially set up with what you "tell" him, but I believe he would always encourage the knowledge and understanding to be used as every car is different and things change. But you are the driver that has got to furnish the pit crew the info to make adjustments to fine tune a car to peak performance, if you get my drift. I guess it all depends on how finely tuned you want it.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I have talked to James before about doing the two weights and he did not think it was a big deal when weights matched and close in value. The weights exert pressure based on the G forces of the centrifugal forces of the weights slinging out to outer diameter. They will work together as long as the same size. The plate absorbs the little difference in force to spread that load consistently to the shaft. Just make sure that you alternate the weights consistently. Its a matter of fine tuning for driving style, terrain, load variation and tire revisions and wear and ….
    James has always given me guidance to understand the mechanics to know what is at work and encouraged the fine tuning by end users. Let's be fair to James,
    James is a great mechanic, take the car to him to set it up and it will go out the door absolutely right. He
    can get you initially set up with what you "tell" him, but I believe he would always encourage the knowledge and understanding to be used as every car is different and things change. But you are the driver that has got to furnish the pit crew the info to make adjustments to fine tune a car to peak performance, if you get my drift. I guess it all depends on how finely tuned you want it.
    Personally....I just like to tinker around and play with my toys! My inner child never grew out of it. Honestly...it’s more for the knowledge and learning about the machine and satisfying curiosity, than second guessing a pro, but that’s just me. I highly respect James and all the knowledgeable people on this forum and other forums. Like you said...fine tuning to specifics varies by the individual driver’s style, use, terrain, etc...

2020 V6, 27” QuadBoss

13. Likes jimclemjr liked this post
    I agree talk with James about it. It's what he does every day. He makes the best clutch available for Yamaha and Kawasaki.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast