Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Skid plates

Skid plates

I ordered a set of front and back skid plates for my 08 rhino. I ordered some made out of fancy plastic can't remember the name I got some 3/8" thick the one I took off are the stock plastic they have lasted quite awhile but are buggerd up pretty good. Has anyone tried the new high molecule plastic ones and how have they worked?
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

I have had trail armor 3/8" skidplates on my rhino since 2 weeks after I bought it. They have been in plenty of mountain rocky riding and while they have a bunch of marks, they are still together well. They also help in the snow as it slides across it easier.

3. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Likes Jared liked this post
    I ordered mine from factory utv they had 3/8" and 1/2" the half inch seemed over kill . I usually only hit bottom in moab when all four of us are in it and in real bad stuff. with the 2" lift and 26" tires I never have an issue on normal trails but going through deep snowdrifts easier will help.
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

I'm running the 3/8 factory utv on my X4. They are an excellent product.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

6. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by therebel19 View Post
    I'm running the 3/8 factory utv on my X4. They are an excellent product.
    Awesome to hear they're a good product thanks for the response!

Until you get stuck in that deep snow drift... lol. How the heck you been Jared? Life is good here in the Cowboy State.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

Good Kenny been busy and not able to go in the Rhino tell a month ago I went to moab with Friends. So now I've been messing with the sxs I got back on the forum haven't been to active for awhile. Hope to have more time to do both now

I got the skid plates in the mail today and put them on .I'm impressed with how they look. they're twice as thick and stiff as the factory front and back plastic skids .I'm glad I only ordered the 3/8" thick ones the 1/2" thick would be over kill.

11. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    I thought the same thing. I wouldn't want to ride with someone who could tear the 1/2" ones up.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

13. Likes Jared liked this post