Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If not we'll work on it

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    Thanks Timmi I'll have to look into it. Hopefully next time we are down I will be set up

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Alba Racing ECU

"
    Alba Racing ECU

3. Likes JoshK liked this post
    If you don't need sat comms I would get him the ETrex touch 25/35. That's the model we commonly use to teach kids and newcomers to the volunteer trail group I work with. Very simple trackback and nav to waypoint function. It isn't fancy but it's reliable and easy to learn. Minimal menus are your friend.
    Last edited by richterkev; 10-24-2021 at 11:40 PM. Reason: wrong answer

Hey everybody
    I was hoping somebody could give me a recommendation for a GPS for my dad. A little background first...
    First of all, he’s a 64-year-old guy that has very little experience with electronics/computers. He’s farmed his whole life and doesn’t have a lot of use for “gadgets.” He bought his first smartphone this year and has recently learned how to text message and can’t turn on a computer.
    That being said it will need to be a fairly simple setup. how to get 30 mpg with a Duramax He hikes a lot on known trails so he can play with it and become efficient but the easier the better.
    He is going hunting with a family friend this fall in northern Maine and hopefully if the weather cooperates he will be able to track deer in the snow. This is where the need for GPS comes from. I envision something that he can mark a waypoint where he starts and follow the line back at the end of the day and hopefully mark another waypoint where his big buck is laying?
    I personally don’t have one so I don’t know how to help. Garmin Inreach maybe?
    I appreciate the insight.
    Last edited by richterkev; 10-25-2021 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spell mistake

yes Garmin Inreach would be good. The Oregon and Montana series have larger screens so that might be a consideration. I am about the same age as your dad, I have an gpsmap 60 series. The screen is very small.

"
    Alba Racing ECU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12