Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Running hotter at high altitude

So my rhino usually runs around 180° and occasionally gets hotter where the fan kicks on but never had it run to hot even on long hills with all of us in it. But we usually run at between maybe 5000 to 8000 elevation and today we went on a long climb up to 10k or 11k feet in elevation and getting up to 200 degrees going on flat ground and down hill at only 15 mph and the fan running on the whole time on top of the ridge do I need to have it tuned for higher elevation or what. It seemed to run ok but running hot up high.
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

No it's lesser air density causing it to run hotter, not the tuning.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

3. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    No it's lesser air density causing it to run hotter, not the tuning.
    Ok I put the alba temp guage in a year ago and haven't ran at that high of altitude with it and at lower altitudes ive worked it pretty hard and when the fan kicked on it cooled down quick but today after we got up there I had to run the fan override switch most of the time on top of the ridge on flat ground and even down hills just taking it easy and it didn't drop much in temp tell I dropped in elevation never seen that before Just wondering if that was normal or what I needed to do to to it because that's wear I like to ride most I live at 5500 ft and most of the places I ride is 8 to 10 k in elevation.
    08 700 SE,JBS stage2 Extreme sheave ,16gr. Gold spring,slugged,MSD 3D,JBS ported head + 2 valves ,CP 11:1 piston,reverse gear upgrade,stage 1 raptor cam,Weller studs,Alba TB,uni filter, Axia tip,Dynatec coil,4 seater extended cage,2" CFM lift,wheel spacers,Black rhino rear diff support,26"Bighorns, ITP SS112 wheels ,ssv works sound bar,aluminum roof,full windshield ,street legal, rear bumper .led back up lights,Ryde on dust cover. 10" rigid combo, firestorm heater,Alba temp gauge.

if you run that altitude a lot you could adjust the a/f mix and see if it helps but it seems the a/f ratio would be richer fuel if air is thinner so that shouldn't make it run hotter

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

6. Thanks Jared thanked for this post
    Also you have less HP at elevation, so you may not even realize that the motor and everything is working just a little bit harder to do the same riding that you were at 3-5000 ft lower.

8. Thanks Jared thanked for this post