Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ok... secondary sheave serviced and purple spring and anti friction washers installed!

Back to cleaning up the old gasket material (should have done this while waiting for parts darn it)

Couple questions/concerns came up - other than how much cleaning the gasket up SUCKS!

Should I be concerned about the rounding on the ends of these splines?

2. This thing has some significant patina and the machine runs pretty hot... I know that these run hot but is this normal?

3. The ridges where the clutch engages are definitely visible but I can’t feel them. Again should I be concerned about these? I don’t think this is an issue but since y’all have way more knowledge than I do and I’m in here now figured I would ask anyway...

Ready to button this thing up and get it out this weekend to test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t say for sure on the splines but the clutch drum should be ok. Mine had groove marks from the clutch engaging. I’ve heard, and somebody correct me if it’s BS, if you can hang a fingernail on the grooves it’s not good, but if it’s smooth you’re good. The blueing on the outer side looks like it’s been overheated before. As long as it’s not out of round or warped like an overheated brake drum.....

2020 V6, 27” QuadBoss

I’ve noticed that the hot air that comes up between the seats when riding has significantly dropped since I upgraded my clutch. It’s still there but not as hot as it was before. My wife actually noticed after about 30 mins and commented on how much less heat she felt!
    Less slippage from the slug kit and improved low end ratio, plus lower cruising RPM all adds up to the engine oil and transmission operating at lower temperatures. Should extend life and be more comfortable to ride!

2020 V6, 27” QuadBoss

4. Thanks Wwaterhouse@msn.com thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi liked this post
    I don't like the sloop in the splines but might as well ride it out. Make sure washer is on correctly and nut properly tightened to eliminate ANY movement in the mating. I would sand the clutch shoes to just make sure you remove any glazing and a fine emery cloth on the clutch drum face with a little crisscross pattern to help the shoes to seat.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

6. Likes Wwaterhouse@msn.com liked this post
    Thanks! Cooler ride would be good it does get hot between the seats!

Well put her all back together after a few issues (my dumbass mistakes) and ran her on a quick test ride last night.

(I currently have my buddies stock wolverine tires and wheels on)

First thing backing out of the garage I chirped the tires... whoa!
    Warmed her up a bit and then let her run... from a dead stop on a steep incline clutch engages pretty much immediately and accelerated to the top with the engine screaming and tires spinning! That was with 500lbs on the machine and it wouldn’t come close to that with half the weight before

3” smaller tires still accounting for some of this gain I am sure so I am anxious to get my shoes back from my buddy and see a true comparison on how this changed my performance. This set up gained me 4 mph top end but for the first time I hit the governor at 54mph on the Speedo

I will say there is a definite difference in low end and 4low was impressive!

Probably going to be a while before she gets the full test since we have snow in the high country

Pretty sure this solved my problems I was having.

One item I did find when cleaning up the cage to put it back on though was the bearing housing and gasket were covered in Grease and when wiping that off I noticed gasket material was torn and the inner spring was showing... not sure how much issues that may cause but plan to get those parts coming this week. The cap to the bearing housing also looks as if the nut on the primary sheave spindle was hitting and essentially milled out a bit of the cap a bit. It was not touching after I installed it so wondering if someone in the past didn’t get it on tight enough which would also potentially explain the slight damage to the splines.

9. Likes nwasparky, Timmi liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123