Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Jbs kingquad od weights

So when I ordered my jbs sheave and od weights for my rhino from james at jbs I asked if he knew of anything that could be done to the kingquad clutch and he informed me that he had od weights for my kingquad they are 26g total weight so I told him to send me a set for me to try out before purchasing the od weights I was running some 16g weights ( plus whatever the plastic outerwear weighs 16g was just the metal insert) and a 2mm shim and a yellow epi secondary spring which had great bottom end but hit the rev limiter at 56 which really sucked I have snorkles, modified exhaust, k&n air filter, and dynajet fuel controller with a bung in my exhaust all tuned up to a stock motor and for all this testing I put on a set of 25inx8 in stock front tires and 25inx10in stock rear tires on 12in aluminum wheels I also have a 2in lift kit and highlifter front springs and has radiator relocated to top of front rack so if u don't have the radiator and snorkles in the way and weigh less than 220 then u might go faster than my results lol. All results were found using an epi yellow spring and did not use the 16g weights.

Stock weights no shims- I hit the rev limiter at 65 and it took a min to get there and was very sluggish on the bottom end and all the way thru.

OD 26g weights no shims- I never found the rev limiter but held 70 along a flat also had alot more bottom end over stock weights and got up to speed alot quicker than stock.

OD 26g weights with 1mm shim- I still never found the rev limiter but it held 70 on a flat also it had alot more bottom end lol would take off like a rocket compared to the last two set ups this set up and the 16g 2mm shim setup run a close race on the bottom end torque but it felt as if this setup would pull the front tires easier plus u et the really high top speed along with the bottom end gruntthe top speed is nice t pass all ur buddies lol

OD 26g weights with 2mm shim- wouldn't push past 68 still never found a rev limiter and had great bottom end

OD 26g weights with 1.5 mm shim- would push 71 and had much more bottom end than 1mm shim still no rev limiter

OD 26g weights with 1.7 mm shim- this by far was the best setup it had tons of bottom end and would run 71 and still no rev limiter would set the back rack on the ground just sitting back on the seat even tho the timing is retard for the first 5mph on a Suzuki it would still pull the front tires to almost balance position and when the timing advanced to normal ( I call it a powerband lol ) it would throw u off the back if u wasn't ready for it ha and bike would be looking at the sky.

you can not put more than 2mm shim in on a suzuki if you put more than 2mm of shim then you wont have enough splines left for the cam plate to ride on resulting in stripped splines also all these test were done using a used belt its not very old but its not new either.

So if you have a kingquad you need to be getting these weights asap from james davis at jbsperformance.com or at hotrodforums.net great guy he wont steer you wrong and if you have a rhino he's the man to go to for anything rhino related whether it be one of his awesome sheaves or help fixing a problem he's willing to help and talk you thru it till you get it figured out.

Thanks,

HOUGH

I don't always drive a rhino.....but when I do...I go hard...

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Not Sugar-Coating Nothing cammoup's Avatar
    Good job man, sounds like fun.

Great Write Up !!! Thanks

added kingquad to the name of topic..thanks for the write up
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

I sold my king quad to buy my rhino really great ride. was just looking for something better for 2 people to ride. Wish I would have known about them before I sold it though,would have been nice to see the difference they would have made. It was a pretty fast bike like it was.

Sent from the drivers seat of my truck.

JBS 787, bored throttle body , +1ported head, JBS deshrowded valves,kibble white valve springs, muzzy exshaust,dynatek coil,TCP oil cooler, triple pass radiator,billit one steering rack,heavy duty steering tierods, heim joints,+6 long travel,tilt wheel, radius roll cage, JBS rear splash shield
    Bead lock wheels , bear claw tires , power steering

Quote Originally Posted by T.Rhino View Post
    I sold my king quad to buy my rhino really great ride. was just looking for something better for 2 people to ride. Wish I would have known about them before I sold it though,would have been nice to see the difference they would have made. It was a pretty fast bike like it was.

Sent from the drivers seat of my truck.
    Only part that sucks about kingquad is the first 5 mph the timing is retarded and the only type of cdi offered is made by velocity devices and is 475 but its fully programmable price sucks just to get rid of the factory bs it also puts over ten more hp to the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    added kingquad to the name of topic..thanks for the write up
    Thanks didn't think to put that in there

if you have a friend with a king quad and they need clutching tell them give us a call!!!...if you have facebook please share...thanks
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880