Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First ranger xp 1000 rolls off assembly line

The first 2018 Polaris RANGER XP 1000 rolled off the assembly line in Huntsville, Alabama. The new flagship RANGER is more rugged, more refined, more RANGER. The vehicle features more than 100 owner-inspired innovations making it the hardest working, smoothest riding RANGER ever built.

No doubt who they are going after here, looks just like a Can am Defender

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	12032  

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    " more than 100 owner inspired innovations" and nobody told them to get rid of those ridiculous "nets for doors" ???

4. Likes rodneygt, Kenny G liked this post
    Does it come stock with an integrated fire extinguisher? or is that an add on option.
    Brad – Creative Designer for outdoor enthusiast

https://www.redbubble.com/people/bweekley/shop?asc=u

https://www.bweekley.com

2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 - Stock with MSD charger

I like the new, redesigned Ranger 1000. It has some nice refinements over the previous body style (like mine) such as 27" Maxxis Ceros tires, wider CVT ratios, and 11" of suspension travel.

Polaris finally did away with the ridiculous B-Pillar mounted engine and CVT intakes and moved them under the hood. It is the dumbest thing to get water all in your belt housing just from washing your wheeler, or from trailering it in the rain, or from letting it sit outside in the rain, or from splashing through a puddle, or from ... It is literally a straight shot from those side intakes right into sensitive parts: the CVT housing on the passenger side and the air box on the driver side.

The 2018 Ranger 1000 still has the weak reverse chain. Polaris could have at least made the Highlifter chain as the new standard chain. The Highlifter chain is one link wider/stronger than the standard reverse chain. They still break but not quite as often. If you break a reverse chain, get ready for a major repair that requires splitting the transmission cases.

Overall, I think the 2018 Ranger 1000 is a solid upgrade over the 2013-2017 Ranger XP models.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

7. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    Likes scottwv, carcajou, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    ^^^...Do they still have that goofy bench seat ??
    08 700 ...

The nets are better all around for hot weather, and for me even colder winter weather. I just velcro on some canvas or plastic liners for the doors to keep the wind out. They have doors available if you want them.

Same deal with the bench seat. This is a utility sxs and lots of people need three seats. I can switch mine out from the three seat bench to buckets and a console in less than two minutes and I still have the full floor to carry oversize junk.

10. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    ^^^...Do they still have that goofy bench seat ??
    Yes, but now with double the foam padding, so the seat should have, like, 2" of padding, LoL!!! No expense was spared!
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

It is really amazing how many people they can make happy with just 1 inch isn't it.
    Just imagine the possibilities with 2 inches.
    Looks like the other manufacturers will have to move up now.
    The flexible plastic seat base is also a comfort multiplier so it will be hard to beat with anything more substantial.

13. Thanks Kafir thanked for this post
    it would be interesting to know what the 100 improvements are

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

There are a few that would be substantial improvements IMO if they actually are improvements. Time will tell.
    Intake ducting and larger more reliable clutch would be the biggies I think. I guess there are lots of small improvements in the suspension, stiffer frame, storage and convenience, supposedly QC, etc. It would be nice to see a list.

And those seats are only cheap until you need to replace one.
    You are better off buying some nice buckets and converting over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast