Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rzr Fire

But for the way they are treated the major brands are pretty reliable overall. IMHO

All have a few problems, Polaris has many. And the same problems for years. Seems to have gotten worse when they moved production to Mexico.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Okay, lol.
    So you guys still can't figure out why Polaris sells so good?
    Neither can Yamaha.
    The Polaris vehicles in the group I ride with have been very good over all.
    When it comes to Polaris discussions on H and Y sites it is like a broken record.
    No one has as many problems with their Polaris as H and Y owners.
    Meanwhile we ride on, oblivious as to the the error of our ways.
    Lol.

​oh. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
    okay, lol.
    So you guys still can't figure out why polaris sells so good?
    Neither can yamaha.
    The polaris vehicles in the group i ride with have been very good over all.
    When it comes to polaris discussions on h and y sites it is like a broken record.
    No one has as many problems with their polaris as h and y owners.
    Meanwhile we ride on, oblivious as to the the error of our ways.
    Lol.
    2016 Alpine white Wolverine EPS
    Kenwood 2-way radio w/frs frequencies
    Super ATV half windshield tinted
    Viper Max 4000 widespool winch
    Dragonfire 3" 4-point harnesses
    2" Super ATV lift
    Pyle audio system
    Yamaha over fenders
    4" cage chop
    27" tusk Terabites
    JBS extreme sheave
    16g OD weights
    Purple Eibach Spring
    Slugs
    JBS Doors

As I said, some people will buy them, no matter what. As long as that continues Polaris will not fix their problems.

And most of the discussions are on Polaris forums.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

People will continue to buy them no matter what.. ? Not exactly.
    They will buy them only until they can get a better deal. Better being better to each individual buyer.
    Polaris only puts the vehicles out there for people to buy. They don't make anyone buy them.
    Yes, Polaris will probably do better on QC when sales fall off.
    But the average buyer is not stupid. If and when Y or H or K comes out with a better deal the public will buy them.
    I know I keep looking. Believe it or not, most P owners are not as brand loyal as the owners of some of the other makes from my experience.
    I really like the X2. But I also really like my P product and I have had no problems with it but if I do the X2 is the next choice.
    Isn't it great that we have so many fantastic vehicles to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
    People will continue to buy them no matter what.. ? Not exactly.
    They will buy them only until they can get a better deal. Better being better to each individual buyer.
    Polaris only puts the vehicles out there for people to buy. They don't make anyone buy them.
    Yes, Polaris will probably do better on QC when sales fall off.
    But the average buyer is not stupid. If and when Y or H or K comes out with a better deal the public will buy them.
    I know I keep looking. Believe it or not, most P owners are not as brand loyal as the owners of some of the other makes from my experience.
    I really like the X2. But I also really like my P product and I have had no problems with it but if I do the X2 is the next choice.
    Isn't it great that we have so many fantastic vehicles to choose from.
    Well here is another one to consider the new Textron XX Wildcat with the triple cyl Yamaha motor. The one I saw had a lot of great features but the main one hurting me is the wide and high door opening making it impossible for me to get in and out. All the features from huge heim joint on the trailing arms beefy axles long suspension travel, shocks, and more item just on suspension are something to look at. Had a friend that rides in a reflashed Turbo RZR 1K and he said the Wildcat XX will put him back in the seat just as hard as the turbo rzr. Couple guys are selling their 1K Rzr and buying a Textron Wildcat XX.

Yes that thing has lots of nice features but it is more sport and not as much trail and utility like I need. From what I read it is more like a race car as far as noise and heat in the cab. I like it quiet and smooth and comfortable.
    They seem to be having some troubles with rear axles but when they get the bugs worked out I bet the sales will pick up really well.

The Havoc is more utility with dump bed but it might have more motor noise and heat like you mentioned but the Wildcat XX is all sport like the 1K RZR.

That Havoc does have some good points, long travel with nice shocks and that storage behind the seat being the biggies. But it is wider than I want. Then there is the problem, to me anyway, of it being an unproven platform and and supplier, Textron. I am familiar with the narrow version and have seen them sit on the lot and have driven them a couple of times. Honestly they do not feel or look quality. Any prospective buyer really needs to look one of those over carefully after they have been sitting on a lot for a while. And the dealer network is really spotty and from what I read on the Havoc forum is mostly untrained and unequipped for any problems. They might be the best thing on the market but it just isn't for me.
    Like I said earlier, if I change in the near future it will be for an X2 over all the alternatives available right now. I have already checked them out at the dealer, didn't drive one because I am not that far into trading and they were really busy as usual, but I like them lots better than the original, the comfort level and the way they fit me is lots better and I like the more narrow width, etc, and of course the bed, twin cylinder, tilt wheel, adjustable seat etc. If this had been the original one in '16 it is what I would have ended up with if the buying price was reasonable. It isn't perfect but none of them are, yet.

11. Likes keeter liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast