Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Maxxis and Discount Tire Shoutout

I want to tell a little story to give a positive shout-out for Maxxis Tires and Discount Tire Co. This story also makes a point of persistence is sometimes necessary. In 01/2018 I bought a set of 27" Maxxis Vipr's 9 & 11's with Method Beadlock wheels for my 2016 Wolverine R-Spec with stock motor. I mounted tires myself as Discount will not service bead-locks as a corporate position. Early last summer I noticed that the right rear tire (only) had some slits (3 or 4) at the front side of the base of some center lugs as if the lugs were starting to 'peel away' from the carcass. As I periodically reviewed them, the slits got larger and then there were seven slits. In preparation for a HMT trip in September I took the tire to my Discount and talked to the first young man that approached and got the "ATV tires have no warranty and they will not do anything about it". I left. I tried to contact Maxxis direct but found that they have a serious veil that is hard to get through by the consumer. I went to the local UTV dealer, listed as a Maxxis dealer, but who would not do anything cause I did not buy them there. They did give me the name of the distributor who I called without any results.
    I took the HMT trip and upon return the slits seemed to have grown, the worst slit of about 1/2" long I Super Glued and it helped to keep it together on the trip. After the trip, sometime in November, I called my Discount and asked for the manager to see if he was working that day and he was not the same guy I had dealt with for the past couple years. 'Bob' called me back as I was about to leave to go there. When I got there he met me immediately, he reviewed the tire, took pictures and got on the phone immediately to the distributor and got a contact at Maxxis. He started a claim and an email chain and kept me copied on each one. Maxxis requested the tire for inspection. I demounted both rear tires and he shipped them to Maxxis. The reason I sent both tires was the belief that with about 60% wear that if they honored a warranty, I wanted both replacements to match in my locker type differential and Bob supported that position. The tires were received by Maxxis before the holiday season but the corporate wheels turned slow during the season. I finally got word that Maxxis was honoring the warranty and would be shipping two new tires directly to my home. After a couple weeks I got an email from the Maxxis manager that there were no matching tires in stock and please contact them to work out a solution. So when I called, the manager turned me over to the national sales manager. I told him I was willing to take 9's instead of the 11's but he said the tire had actually been discontinued and they had no stock. So back to the manager who requested I email her a copy of my purchase receipt. I received a check last week from Maxxis for my purchase price amount of both rear tires. I am assessing which tires I want to get next.
    It's noteworthy that the warranty language is one year and I obviously exceeded that period, but with an obvious defection Maxxis stood up and honored it. I informed them that my UTV was a stock motor that was not putting undue stress on the tires so I applaud the honor they showed. I have a tendency to doubt that there are many tire companies out there who provide such support. That why I like spending a few dollars more to get a name brand tire and this type of thing is what makes me a loyal customer to Maxis and Discount Tire. I might add that I am an older man and try to treat the dealer with professionalism without disrespect by foul language and whining., as I desire a long-term relationship with him. If Maxxis had not done what they did, I would still be loyal to Discount because of the efforts of Bob, and believe he would have done something to help compensate if Maxxis had not.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

2. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Maxxis and Kenda are my go to off road tires

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar